Julia in Talks for ‘Wonder’ with Jacob Tremblay

Moderator: berlioz

53 posts • Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Julia in Talks for ‘Wonder’ with Jacob Tremblay

Postby mcv on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:22 am

‘Room’ Star Jacob Tremblay in Talks for Lionsgate’s ‘Wonder’ (Exclusive)

Steve Conrad (“The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”) has adapted R.J. Palacio’s beloved book
Jacob Tremblay is in talks to star in Lionsgate’s “Wonder,” based on the beloved book by R.J. Palacio, multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.
The studio is also targeting Julia Roberts to play Tremblay’s mother, according to insiders.

http://www.thewrap.com/room-star-jacob- ... exclusive/
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: List with all upcoming/rumoured movie projects...

Postby mcv on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:23 am

good to know she's still in the mix for things. i'd like to see her chemistry with that talented young actor.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby spanish wild on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:40 am

mcv wrote:‘Room’ Star Jacob Tremblay in Talks for Lionsgate’s ‘Wonder’ (Exclusive)

Steve Conrad (“The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”) has adapted R.J. Palacio’s beloved book
Jacob Tremblay is in talks to star in Lionsgate’s “Wonder,” based on the beloved book by R.J. Palacio, multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.
The studio is also targeting Julia Roberts to play Tremblay’s mother, according to insiders.

http://www.thewrap.com/room-star-jacob- ... exclusive/

OMG I looove that book.

This must be true.
spanish wild
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:46 am

Really! What about the mother's role?

Since she has been vocal about anti-bullying, I'm sure she would be perfect as a bullied kid's mother.

Plus she is great as a mother in her movies. She played the mother of almost an entire cast in Fireflies In The Garden and thousands spiders in Charlotte's Web LOL.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:57 pm

i still need to watch room.

i tend not to love film told from the point of view of children (i hated extremely loud and incredibly close, even if i loved the book), and this sounds like a role like laura dern in the fault in our stars... not very exciting. but i can totally see her doing this if her role requires just 10 days of filming in LA.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Now that I've read a preview of the book, the mom's role sounds like something Jennifer Garner would do. There is 1 lead (the boy's part) and 3 main supporting characters and the mother is not one of them.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:45 pm

also, julia is beginning to be a little too old to play young child's mom.
if she really is developing fool me once as her next vehicle, she needs to hurry up: her character is the mother of a 2-years old baby...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia in Talks for ‘Wonder’ with Jacob Tremblay

Postby berlioz on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:28 am

just found this on twitter

Lindsay B ‏@lemon_buzz 1 h
Wonder starring Julia Roberts begins filming in Vancouver on July 11th @olv #yvrshoots

don't know if it's true...
ugh, of all the projects announced, obviously the less interesting (and the only one with a supporting role!) is the one that actually happens? :-/
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:29 am

i'm creating a new thread for this as it has been announced by many reliable sources.

for those who have read the book, how is julia's role? is it a 4-scenes thing or something more substantial? has she got some kind of backstory or she's just the mom?
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:33 am

hahaha i knew she'd do the film that would be the project that would give her the least to do.

it's okay though. so if it's a hit, a younger generation will be exposed to her.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:43 am

Spanish Wild mentioned in a post (that disappeared) that Paul King is directing this. I loved Paddington. And if Wonder, the book is so much loved and popular in the US, the movie could be a hit. I just hope Julia's role is rewritten to be more significant.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:14 pm

i think the reason she chose to do this before all the other stuff (if it's really true) IS that is a tiny and insignifican part lol... so no re-writing needed.

and popular novels are not always a sure thing: extremely loud and increbidly close and the secret life of bees are two exemples of beloved best-sellers which flopped at the box office. also EPL, based on the book sales, should have grossed 150 millions in usa alone...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby OrientExpress on Fri May 06, 2016 4:29 am

Hoping this will be a good role for Julia

--------------------------------------------

Julia Roberts to Play Jacob Tremblay's Mother in 'Wonder'

Lionsgate and Mandeville are adapting R.J. Palacio's mega-selling novel about a boy with a facial deformity who struggles to fit in at a new school.

Ahead of the debut of her latest film Money Monster at Cannes, Julia Roberts has signed on to star in Wonder, an adaptation of R.J. Palacio's novel.

Jacob Tremblay, who had a breakout performance as the young star of Room opposite Brie Larson, will star in the film as Auggie Pullman, a young boy who was born with a facial deformity. For the first time, Auggie is going to a mainstream school, starting the fifth grade at Beecher Prep.

Roberts will play the boy's mother.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower director Stephen Chbosky will helm the Lionsgate adaptation from a script by Steve Conrad. Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman are producing via their Mandeville Films banner. Lionsgate will be selling the film at the upcoming Cannes film market.

Wonder hit stores in February 2012 via Knopf Books for Young Readers and has sold 2 million copies since its publication. It has consistently ranked as a New York Times best-seller since March 2012 and was listed for high-profile children's literature awards the Carnegie Medal and the UKLA Book Award.

Roberts, who is repped by CAA, can be seen in the ensemble film Mother's Day, now in theaters, and she stars in Jodie Foster's financial thriller Money Monster, which will have its debut at Cannes.

Tremblay is repped by UTA, Play Management and Jackoway Tyerman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... ays-891160
OrientExpress
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Fri May 06, 2016 5:52 am

i think this will be a thankless role.
but at least it can be a critically acclaimed movie. the director is talented.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby OrientExpress on Fri May 06, 2016 6:24 am

Wonder: Julia Roberts and Jacob Tremblay board adaptation

J Palacio's superb book, Wonder, is coming to the screen, with Julia Roberts in the lead role...

If you’ve never had the pleasure of R J Palacio’s Wonder, it’s a really very special book. It tells the story of a boy by the name of Auggie Pullman, born with a significant facial deformity. It then follows him as he starts a mainstream school, and follows his experience there – sometimes good, sometimes heartbreaking – through the eyes of those close to him.

There’s been talk of a movie adaptation of Wonder for a little while now, with at one stage Paddington director Paul King said to be involved. But now full details have come to light. It’s going to be a pretty major movie.

See also: Geeks Vs Loneliness – Wonder, disability and perspectives

Julia Roberts has signed up to play Auggie’s mother in the film, and Auggie himself is being played by Jacob Tremblay, who already has one stunning performance to his name in Room.

The film is to be directed by Stephen Chbosky, who previously helmed the impressive The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. Lionsgate is backing the project.

There’s no word yet on a release date, but we’ll definitely keep you posted…

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/wonder/ ... adaptation
OrientExpress
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Next

53 posts • Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Return to Wonder (2017)