"Mother's Day" OUR REVIEWS

Moderator: berlioz

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

"Mother's Day" OUR REVIEWS

Postby berlioz on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:55 pm

so, has anybody seen this film?

i guess not, otherwise i think someone would have pointed out

1)
that despite the wig this is the first time julia looks nice in a movie since 2011! she looks like a human again, she has make-up and her body is not hidden in baggy granny clothes

i'm so mad with her for the dumb idea of the wig!

2)
as our forum member moky made me notice after she watched the movie yesterday, in the movie this happens

!!!????!!!!!!??????

it's so weird people recognized her wig from notting hill but nobody recognized her children... i guess she was kind of disappointed that the press at the premiere was all about the wig and nobody asked her about that kids lol
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: "Mother's Day" OUR REVIEWS

Postby craig83 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:44 pm

You know what, I really enjoyed this film. I went with my partner and our mums not expecting much at all. But it was fun,light easy watch with a few real laughs. Our cinema was about half full and there was plenty of laughter. Julia was in it far more than I was expecting and what a huge surprise to see her kids in it. Considering how she keeps her private life exactly that, it was a huge bonus to me as a fan to see them. Really good old fashioned family fun film!
Julia Roberts is a godess!!!!!!
craig83

Postby swamer on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Yeah other members told me about the kids in the movie. I think it's good the press didn't recognize them because this is how Julia wanted them to be. I think it was just fun to involve them as it felt like being with mom and gandpa Garry.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:33 am

yes, probably julia felt confident about them appearing in the movie as it was a family thing - also lisa is in it, like in RB and VD.

too bad the movie was so so horrific... the storylines were poorly connected, the editing was simply atrocious and not a single joke worked. VD compared to this was a masterpiece.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Mark on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:28 pm

i just finally saw this.

i had this idea julia had a bigger role than in valentine's day.
day.that
but she doesn't. she feels like she has even less of a role because about 3 of her 8 minutes on screen are home shopping parody that falls flat.
i don't know if it's worse than valentines day. i think it might be because in that at least julia had a bit part that was memorable and worked.
Mark
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Mother's Day (2016)