i'll never fully get that guy...

tons and tons of amazing HQ here

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthrea ... Monster_Pr
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: 'Money Monster' to Screen at Cannes Film Festival

Postby swamer on Fri May 13, 2016 10:51 am

I know about Danny, I saw him behind her live.

People are still talking about Julia walking the red carpet barefoot. They found it really charming coming from her, especially after last year's scandal when women were not allowed to wear flats #rulesbreaker

I also loved when the cast was grouped, and that the director is supposed to walk the red carpet first. Then the reporter said: Oh wait it's Julia who will, this is a first time in Cannes, to exceptional guest, exceptional measure. Loved that part.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Fri May 13, 2016 11:31 am

Julia Roberts Went Barefoot on the Cannes Red Carpet

All hail America’s sweetheart.

BY LAUREN LE VINE

Cannes Film Festival, Julia Roberts laughs in the face of your uptight, strict fashion rules. The actress stepped onto the red carpet at the premiere of Money Monster, the new movie in which she stars with George Clooney directed by Jodie Foster, in a fairly straightforward black gown. The neckline is actually evocative of the famous red dress Roberts wore in Pretty Woman.

When Roberts lifted up the skirt of her Armani Privé gown at Cannes, however, she had a huge surprise waiting underneath. The actress was barefoot. That’s right: Julia Roberts walked a red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival completely barefoot.

This blatant act of fashion rebellion comes just a year after festival organizers allegedly turned away a group of women in their 50s from a screening of Carol for not wearing high heels. “Multiple guests, some older with medical conditions, were denied access to the anticipated world-premiere screening for wearing rhinestone flats,” Screen Daily reported in May 2015.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/05 ... red-carpet

I don't think she wanted to make a fashion statement. She just wanted to walk barefoot as she usually does, plus she was super nervous. But good for her!
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri May 13, 2016 4:44 pm

well, now has been to berlinale (for steel magnolias and mary reilly) and she made her debut in toronto (2013) and cannes this year.

she REALLY needs to come to the venice film festival! how wonderful would be if wonder (filming this summer) was included in next year's selection (the festival takes palce in early september)??
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri May 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Exclusive: Julia Roberts' Pros Take Us Inside Her Glam Cannes' Beauty Looks: 'We Want Her to Feel Like Herself'
05/13/2016 at 02:28 PM ET

ICYMI: This is Julia Roberts very first (!) trip to the Cannes Film Festival. But we’ve already unanimously declared the Money Monster star a Cannes red carpet vet after seeing the star step out in not one, but two breathtaking beauty looks on Thursday. And of course, behind her stunning eyes and tousled waves were her trusted glam squad: hairstylist Serge Normant and makeup artist Genevieve Herr, who have revealed the tricks of their trade exclusively to PeopleStyle.

“We wanted everything to be easy,” says Roberts’ hairstylist Serge Normant, who freshened up the star’s hair color a few weeks ago in anticipation of the trip. “We made her hair a golden blonde, but with dimension. She still has some dark pieces so that it’s not one color all over.”

For Roberts’ first outing, the pro had already planned on a low ponytail to complement her Givenchy jumpsuit, and says the blustery day further validated his vision. “There are things you can’t control, so we don’t try to control them. We just go with the flow!”

Then makeup artist Genevieve Herr made the Lancôme spokeswoman’s “honey-colored” eyes pop with a navy blue liner, followed by several coats of mascara, and completed the low-key look with a nude-pink lipstick called Sweet Embrace.

Later that day, with a view of the Cannes waterfront before them, her team (including stylist Elizabeth Stewart) set out to create an “iconic, yet natural” premiere look, says Normant. Their sessions are always serene — never stressed, they say. “Julia trusts us, so she just sat there and relaxed. We talked, ate a little fruit, and drank lot of water,” revealed Herr. (The squad also sets aside time to take a few pictures, including the Instagram snap of their primping session above.)

Normant added more texture to the star’s famous mane with his texturizing spray before wrapping sections around a 1-inch curling iron, which he held vertically. He left the ends of her hair out so her waves wouldn’t feel “too done.” Then he back-combed Roberts’ hair, added a little shine with his dry oil and secured the look with hairspray.

“We wanted to make Julia feel gorgeous and beautiful, but herself,” says Herr, who whipped up a classic makeup look for the actress. She began by defining Roberts’ eyes using a black kohl very close to the lashes, and feathered the line out with a gray kohl. Herr contemplated giving the star a stronger lip, but changed her mind once she finished Roberts’ eyes, and instead blended the lipstick she used earlier that day with a slightly deeper tone: Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge #338. “Julia has such beautiful lips, but there’s no need for them to be the main attention of her face,” Herr says.

And just how did Roberts feel about making her debut atop the festival’s grand steps? “Julia was pretty at ease,” says Normant. “She felt really good in that dress. She felt comfortable, she felt beautiful. The energy at Cannes is unbelievable, and you can see from the pictures how much energy she had,” adds Herr, who also says that the actress gave them a glowing review of the beauty look. “She just said, ‘We did it! Thank you guys!’ It was wonderful.”

http://stylenews.people.com/style/2016/ ... exclusive/
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFXCIbFm5Bt ... hotography

wow, she looks fantastic! she should have worn this outfit at the press conference.
i suppose she's still taping interviews for the movie...

also, people are going crazy with this barefoot thing LOL

From Pretty Woman to Cannes: Every Time Julia Roberts Famously Rocked the Barefoot Look

http://www.people.com/article/julia-rob ... pheadlines

she did have heels, she just took them off to jump the stairs!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Vieszcy on Fri May 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Sorry for my broken English, the French press and my entourage is totally in love with Julia! beautiful with a touch of simplicity to be barefoot on the red carpet
Vieszcy

Postby swamer on Fri May 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Wow amazing outfit and those legs!

So she is till in Cannes? I hope she attends a party or a diner or anything.

By the way, when Julia entered the screening room at the premiere, Julia was seen greeting someone, I hope it was one of the L'Oréal ladies. It must've been awkward to meet Sarandon after so many years. Also Chastain was very visible and we know Julia loves her. I so wanted a picture of Jules and the other Jules.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat May 14, 2016 6:51 am

i don't think she'll attend parties, she hardly go to premiere afterparties for her own movies or to the vanity fair post-socar party, i doubt she wants to do that in cannes.

the only cahnce is that she has a lancome event in these days, but i think today she'll be back in la.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby YAWO on Mon May 16, 2016 4:42 pm

CANNES, France — The day before the Cannes Film Festival kicked off in southern France, a small group of friends gathered for champagne at the nearby famed celebrity enclave, the glamorous Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc.The cozy quartet included George Clooney, his wife Amal, Julia Roberts and her husband Danny Moder — an impossibly glamorous evening to most in the world, but not enough Cannes madness to wow the actors' spouses, apparently.

“It was the four of us,” Roberts says. “No one else.”

"We were sipping champagne and Amal said, ‘I thought this was going to be the crazy Cannes film festival,’ ” Clooney adds. “I was like, ‘Give it a chance.’ "
Sure enough, true craziness hit Thursday at Cannes, largely because of the very people at that table. Roberts and Clooney, along with director Jodie Foster, met the phalanx of screaming photographers at the Cannes photo call before the world premiere of the financial thriller Money Monster (in theaters Friday).

The Cannes mayhem proves again that whenever Roberts, 48, and Clooney, 55, are together (at least outside of private hotel bars), worldwide attention follows.

That’s why it’s such a major deal when two of the biggest stars on the planet collaborate, acting together in 2001’s Ocean's Eleven and 2004’s Ocean's Twelve, or when Clooney directed Roberts in 2002's Confessions of A Dangerous Mind or produced 2013's August: Osage County, for which Roberts received an Oscar nomination.
Clooney acknowledges that he worked on Foster’s behest to bring Roberts onboard Money Monster because she was the perfect fit for the part of steady show producer Patty Fenn to his flamboyant stock-picking TV personality Lee Gates. Their existing relationship also allowed for an instant chemistry as their characters work together to resolve a crisis caused by a bomb-threatening enraged viewer (Jack O'Connell).

But the truth is, Clooney and Roberts enjoy the process together.

“The older you get, you close things off, the actors you want to work with, the directors,” Clooney says. "Life is too short. Whenever we get a chance to work together, we like it.”
The work also allowed Roberts to spend more time with Clooney and his wife, whom he married in 2014. Roberts makes it clear she approves: "They are just a great fit, honestly," she says. Their families bonded over a recent trip to Italy, where Amal and Julia played unspeakable jokes on famed prankster Clooney.

“They did rotten things to me, like some of the funniest things ever done to me,” says Clooney. “But we’d all go to jail if I told. We'll wait for the statute of limitations on these.”

Roberts and Clooney don't set a timeline for when they might work together again. But that possibility always exists, sooner or even much later.
The work also allowed Roberts to spend more time with Clooney and his wife, whom he married in 2014. Roberts makes it clear she approves: "They are just a great fit, honestly," she says. Their families bonded over a recent trip to Italy, where Amal and Julia played unspeakable jokes on famed prankster Clooney.

“They did rotten things to me, like some of the funniest things ever done to me,” says Clooney. “But we’d all go to jail if I told. We'll wait for the statute of limitations on these.”

Roberts and Clooney don't set a timeline for when they might work together again. But that possibility always exists, sooner or even much later.

"There’s this project called Gin Game. We’re two old people sitting there," says Clooney, going into geezer voice. "it's like, ‘Hey, Julia, can you pick up that bag for me?’ "

"And we’re toothless," Roberts says.

"People are going to jump all over that," Clooney says. http://www.ksdk.com/news/nation-now/geo ... /187024747
YAWO
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mia on Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Julia Roberts Explains Why She Went Barefoot On the Cannes Red Carpet

No shoes? No problem! Julia Roberts proudly left her heels behind at the Cannes Film Festival 2016 red carpet on May 12. The Money Monster actress, who was attending the movie’s premiere, gave the hordes of photographers a huge surprise as she ascended the famed red carpet steps. Though she began the night in peep-toe platform heels, they were nowhere to be seen when she lifted up the hem of her pleated, off-the-shoulder Armani Prive dress to make the climb.

Roberts’ reasoning was pretty simple. “A lot was happening from my ankles up,” she explained to Australia’s Sunrise channel. “Let’s not forget all that. A lot of time and effort went into ankles up. I just want to say for the record … I looked nice last night!”

Roberts’ stroll sans stilettos could be interpreted as a rebellious act against the festival organizers. At last year’s Carol premiere, they wouldn’t allow a group of women in their fifties to attend the screening as the ladies were in flats. The festival confirmed that high-heels are mandatory to attend screenings.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-sty ... 16-w206754
mia
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue May 17, 2016 10:57 pm

swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Mark on Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

why would it be awkward for sarandon and roberts to meet up? they are friends and have been for probably 25 years.

are there pics of them together?

sarandon was awkward when she went to the premiere of the woody allen movie and then called him a child molester (i believe he is)... but why go to the premiere of his movie?
Mark
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Mark on Wed May 18, 2016 6:37 pm

what i want to know is....

julia and jodie met a bbq 20 years ago...

julia was talking about an actress she liked..... jodie did not like this actress and that kept her from getting to know julia. then they worked together and jodie and julia became fast friends. real friends.

who is the actress that julia liked all those years ago that jodie did not? any guesses?
Mark
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

PreviousNext

111 posts • Page 7 of 81 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Return to Money Monster (2016)