Postby mcv on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:37 am

i prefer the first trailer
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: "Money Monster" TRAILER

Postby swamer on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:57 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3qZQUmxob ... neymonster

She looks great here, hair and makeup on point.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:24 am

yeah. if only she could just look that way for the whole movie. why is she allergic to looking good? no one wants to see you looking wan with a grandma bun!
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby giovigio on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:56 pm

it is all so boring and annoying. seems like you all want to cherish for some fancy supermodel and waste time in following the carreer of an actress who makes her choices, and sometimes it's good and sometimes not.
it's an year at least in which on this forum you can only read about looks, fashion, red carpets, talking about movies like they are only ways to get covers. you are starving for some celebrity-like material but I'm sorry to inform you that I think Julia never imagine herself as a celebrity. she's an actor. please let's talk about performance. non award, outfits, make up... but storylines, screenplays, acting.
you are keeping the level SO low. I shouldn't even reply but it gets so annoying at times.
giovigio

Postby swamer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 pm

I mainly agree with you Giovigio, and I know that Julia is an actor, that's for sure, but also a movie star and a very famous one, probably the most famous. So even if she doesn't think of herself as a celebrity, she is more than that. Julia herself pays more attention to her fashion style and outfits when she is on promo duties, in the recent years, by hiring the best stylist ou there. And I will speak for myself, I never complained about Julia's performances for the last 15 years or so. Always perfect in her parts, even if her movies are rather average. I know that as her devoted fans, we are so very proud of her as an actor and she is so good at it, but also she has to make public apperances, she is a Lancôme ambassadress and posed for fashion houses (Gianfranco Ferre & Givenchy). So yeah, her fashion sense is important when she works, that's her job too.

Also, because Julia tends to work less as an actor, I appreciate those short rare moments when she is on a red carpet and when she plays the game accordingly and perfectly and she does it better than everybody else.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm

yeah, i used to defend julia's choices, even her bad ones but lately, i've reached my limit.
i look at julia as a moviestar who can reach the level of bette davis, katharine hepburn, audrey hepburn, joan crawford, liz taylor and greta garbo. she might just be remembered a hundred years from now.
i think she's a fantastic actor but she is primarily a moviestar.
i mean, mother's day would have been so much more exciting if she just wore a better wig or her own hair. money monster too will be so much more promising if she's not wearing her hair like that, so drab. i know she's an actress and everything but please.
the more crap she associates herself with, the farther she gets from the greatest moviestars of all time.
but yeah, we're all powerless. i can just keep bitching. ah well. she has two movies and it doesn't feel exciting anymore
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Mark on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:41 pm

she looks great in money monster.
seriously GO TO SLEEP

will the movie be good?
idk. i like jodie as a director. george is solid. jack is an exciting new actor.
Mark
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:43 pm

let's talk about storylines, screenplays, acting...
yeah, but when she stars in embarassing movies like mother's day, i'd rather be talking about her fashion choices and her magazine covers.

and honestly, in the past few years she has spent much more time doing photoshoot (magazines, lacome, givenchy, calzedonia...) than on movie sets: the conversation here just mirrors where her career is going.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Previous

23 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Money Monster (2016)