"Money Monster" Release Dates

Moderator: berlioz

19 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: "Money Monster" Release Dates

Postby berlioz on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:29 am

some insight/reflections about the date chance from a clooney forum

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t6964- ... h-may-2016

i don't think the change of release date means that much (it's just one month after all), and according to imdb the movie will debut in europe in april (the german release is on march 31!).

i'm more concerned with tristart/sony thing and the rumor that the director's cut was not appreciated by the producers. we also have to remember the sony leaks revealed that some big name at sony hated the script.
i don't know, i think we are looking at another flop waiting to happen. at least in SITE or even in larry crowne julia had interesting characters to work with, while here her part is really flat and forgettable...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:19 pm

oh god. i am bracing myself for a flop now.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:00 am

imdb says the movie will open in some european countries (italy, france...) in april, but the italian trailer, which debuted yesterday (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDkuclZ82M), says "may" at the end.

if it really opens everywhere in mid may, do you think it could be in cannes (11-22 may 2016)? jodie foster's last movie as a director (the beaver) was in the official selection, and she was asked to be president of the jury in the past (she declined becasue she was pregnant with her second child), so she has a strong connection with cannes, plus clooney is basically at every european festival every year. it's killing me that julia is almost 50 and has never been to cannes or venice!

(anyway, even if the film is actually selected for cannes, julia would probably skip it and let jodie and george do the promotional thing and the cialtrona girl be the red carpet eye candy, we just can be sure of that LOL)
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 am

Julia in Cannes? I will SCREAM.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Previous

19 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Money Monster (2016)