Julia Roberts Set as amfAR Gala Los Angeles Honoree

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

32 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3

Julia Roberts Set as amfAR Gala Los Angeles Honoree

Postby mcv on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Tom Hanks is confirmed to present Roberts with the honor at the upcoming event, set for Friday, Oct. 13, at Ron Burkle's iconic Green Acres Estate in Beverly Hills.
Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks have a new collaboration in the works: the amfAR Gala Los Angeles.

The Academy Award-winning actress will be honored with amfAR's Award of Courage in "recognition of her profound commitment to the fight against AIDS and countless other humanitarian causes," according to the org. Hanks, a longtime friend and two-time co-star, will take the stage to present Roberts with the award.

The black-tie event — presented by Harry Winston and M•A•C Viva Glam — is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 13. Though previous events had been held at Milk Studios, this year's outing is moving across town and will be held at Ron Burkle's Historic Green Acres Estate in Beverly Hills. Also supporting the amfAR Gala Los Angeles are signature sponsors Cadillac, Moët Hennessy and PatBO, while Delta is serving as the official airline.

With the honor, Roberts will see her name join a list of previous amfAR honorees including Charlize Theron, Ryan Murphy, Scarlett Johansson, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Goldie Hawn, Jennifer Lopez, CAA's Kevin Huvane, James Franco, Miley Cyrus, Andy Cohen and Cher, among others.

Roberts and Hanks previously starred in the films Charlie Wilson's War and Larry Crowne. She also voiced a lead character in The Ant Bully, which Hanks and his company, Playtone, produced. To date, the amfAR Gala Los Angeles has raised more than $11 million. More information about the event can be found here.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... ee-1023911

wow is she campaigning. hope it works. best supporting actress ROBERTS 2018
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia Roberts Set as amfAR Gala Los Angeles Honoree

Postby swamer on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes, the campaign is in works. Love that Hanks is presenting, he was funny at the cinematheque, what 10 years ago.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 pm

wish it was clooney. the guy never presented julia with an award while she's always there supporting him.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Clooney always busy in the restroom or with his twins.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 pm

According to an Instagram post, James Corden is the ceremony host. I hope it means she will do the Late Late show with Corden too.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:02 pm

swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:11 pm

yes, i think it's new! she looks so cool!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Julia Roberts To Be Honored At amfAR Gala Los Angeles

September 21, 2017
Julia Roberts: Profile

On Friday, October 13, 2017, amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, will pay tribute to Julia Roberts at its eighth annual amfAR Gala Los Angeles.

Roberts, the Academy Award-winning actress, will be presented with amfAR’s Award of Courage by Tom Hanks in recognition of her profound commitment to the fight against AIDS, as well as countless other humanitarian causes. James Corden will host the event.

The black-tie benefit, presented by Harry Winston and M•A•C Viva Glam, will be held at Ron Burkle’s Historic Green Acres Estate to support amfAR’s life-saving AIDS research programs.

Roberts has been a long-time supporter in the fight against HIV/AIDS as well as numerous other charitable causes. In 2016 as a supporter of the (PRODUCT) RED campaign, which teams up with the world’s most iconic companies and celebrities to produce branded products with sales benefitting The Global Fund to Fight AIDS in Africa, Roberts participated in the kick-off of the World AIDS Day holiday shopping extravaganza. In 2014, Roberts received the Humanitarian Award from GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, at its annual GLSEN Respect Awards gala. In addition, Roberts is also a passionate fighter for many causes, including healthcare, education, international development, disaster relief, family support, and more.

Roberts joins previous amfAR honorees including Charlize Theron, Ryan Murphy, Scarlett Johansson, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Goldie Hawn, Aileen Getty, Jennifer Lopez, Kevin Huvane, Jean-Paul Gaultier, James Franco, Francisco Costa, Mario Testino, Robert Duffy/Marc Jacobs International, Miley Cyrus, Andy Cohen, Cher, and more.

amfAR Chairman of the Board Kenneth Cole, Ron Burkle, and Jason Weinberg will serve as the Event Chairs. Kevin Huvane, Bryan Lourd, Richard Lovett, and Ida Ziniti are Honorary Chairs. Co-Chairs of the event include Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, Matt Bomer and Simon Halls, Patricia Bonaldi, Stephen Chobsky, Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber, John Demsey, Tom Ford, amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, Jean Paul Gaultier, James Goldstein, Nayla Hayek, Stephen Huvane, Michael Kors, Matthew Modine, Ryan Murphy, Gary Newman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Michael Patrick, Sean Penn, Zac Posen, Alan Poul and Ari Karpel, Billy and Stacy Ray, Vincent Roberti, Rich Ross and Adam Sanderson, Jeremy Scott, Gary Tigges, M.D., Diana Walden, Steve Warren, Pauletta and Denzel Washington, Rodney Williams, and Rita Wilson.

Harry Winston and M•A•C Viva Glam are the Presenting Sponsors. Cadillac, Moët Hennessy, and PatBO are the event’s Signature Sponsors. Delta Air Lines is the Official Airline of amfAR.

To date, the amfAR Gala Los Angeles has raised more than $11 million for amfAR’s life-saving research programs.

https://www.looktothestars.org/news/171 ... os-angeles

so many stars are going to attend! hope she poses with denzel and gwyneth.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:48 pm

And Cindy! They have never posed for a proper picture together. And they practically have the same circle of friends.

But a picture with Denzel is all we need here :)
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:05 pm

i hope she does pose with other celebrities and i hope she wears something tight and light colored and her hair is on point and wears heels. haha
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 pm

yes, i'd love to see her and cindy together: they are like the epitome of 90s american beauties. and they have the clooney and gere connection!

now that she is such a good shape i hope she wears fancy dresses for woner promotion, but this is a "serous" event, so i don't think her classic mini-dress outfit would be appropriate. i will probably be a black suit... even scarlett johannson wore a black suit wheen she got this honor last year.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Since it is a black tie gala, and since I miss seeing her in a suit, I hope she wears a black suit with an actual tie. Only models and Sharon Stone, who is an amfar regular, wear fancy dresses LOL.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:14 pm

do you people think she will comment about the weinstein thing?

i guess, the whole publicity for wonder is bad timing. she worked with the guy for august osage county but her campaign was derailed by her sister's suicide so i'm sure her relationship with that guy isn't noteworthy but she might be asked about the guy.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 am

i don't think they will ask her about weinstein at an event like this. and she's very careful, i don't think she'll comment it.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 am

"She has so far said nothing about the allegations. Her publicist did not respond to requests for comment."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stein.html

We will need another thread for this.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Next

32 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3

Return to News