Julia honorary co-chair at 2016 GLSEN Respect Awards

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Re: Julia honorary co-chair at 2016 GLSEN Respect Awards

Postby swamer on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Isn't Jesse Cagle the guy who interviewed Julia, Jodie and George for the EW article?

Julia Roberts doesn't spend many nights away from her home and kids to attend Hollywood parties and galas.
But you can always count on her to be at GLESN's Respect Awards, which honor people and organizations that help improve the lives of LGBTQ youth.

Roberts was at this year's Respect Awards last night to present the Visionary Award to Jess Cagle, the editorial director of Time Inc.'s Style & Entertainment Group.

"It is my pleasure every year to support GLSEN," the Oscar winner said. "I love this night. I told the kids backstage...that this is like my third favorite night of the year—and one and two, but don't tell anyone.

"But one of the three nights might be my birthday, which is next Friday," Roberts continued. "If you wake up next Friday and think, what should I get Julia for her birthday then donate to GLSEN. I'm going to be 49, so a $49-donation would be great. Thank you."

http://www.eonline.com/news/803952/juli ... h-birthday
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:06 pm

she looks great, of course.

jess cagle i think has become a friend to her over the years.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:47 pm

yes, he also interviewed her on the red carpet at the oscars 2014.

i love that the dress is a secret homage to the ant bully - look closer at the collar! lol

why can't she looks like that in her next movie? why is sandra b shooting ocean's 8 looking as pretty as she is on the red carpet while julia is looking frumpy and 10 year older than she is in all her movies (and without even getting awards!)?
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:14 pm

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/ ... rthday-02/

We should add "why doesn't Julia look pretty in her movies anymore" in our signatures to make sure she (I mean someone from her team) reads it LOL.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:37 pm

berlioz wrote: why can't she looks like that in her next movie? why is sandra b shooting ocean's 8 looking as pretty as she is on the red carpet while julia is looking frumpy and 10 year older than she is in all her movies (and without even getting awards!)?

i've stopped even trying to understand julia's movie choices. i guess if she wants to look like a piece of white trash in her movies, she can. she's allowed.
pics of sandra b with cate b make me wonder though why julia seems to be unwilling to share a scene or the spotlight with an actress of the same stature. she had a chance to do it in secret in their eyes but she had to look like she's a hundred years old and there weren't any pics of her with nicole kidman. i think i'm starting to believe that julia is just not a girl's girl or if she's ever friends with another actress, the actress needs to be less successful, less known, less pretty. i know it's a sh-tty thing to believe but whatever. she makes it easier to not be a fan of her anymore.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 am

i think she's never built her career on being the "hot and good one", but always the "smart/interesting one", so it looks like, when there are two starring roles in a movie, she always prefers to play the outcast: she played the grieving mother with ugly clothes in SITE instead of the hot detective with the love story; she played the geeky sister of the movie star instead of the movie star in AS; she wanted to play the rosalind russell role (the bitchy friend) and not the norma shearer one (the nice cheated wife you root for) in the remake of the women - which never happened.

so yes, i'm pretty sure that if she were cast in ocean's 8 she would have NOT played the bullock/clooney role, with grat hair and outfits, but she would have chosen some other role (probably the andy garcia one?).

i don't know why she does that. and, back to this topic, i don't understand why she has chosen to look always bad, dull and depressed in her movie, when she's beautiful and has one of the most luminous screen presences ever. i can get it, she doesn't always want to play the pretty woman, especially now that she's pushing 50, but can she accept the fact that pleasing the audience is not a bad thing?
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:04 am

berlioz wrote: pleasing the audience is not a bad thing?

An audience of three people: you, mcv and me. LOL

I like to not turn the "pretty Julia" conversation dramatic because it will never end...

Still hoping for a tiny cameo with George and Brad in Ocean's 8.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:41 pm

swamer wrote:
berlioz wrote: pleasing the audience is not a bad thing?

An audience of three people: you, mcv and me. LOL

and all the people that used to buy tickets for her movies but stopped after she decided to become some sort of poor men's marcia gay harden :-/
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:46 pm

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 am

vid of julia presenting the award https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsGg8pkerus
mcv