Julia Roberts Honored as "Woman of the Decade"

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Julia Roberts Honored as "Woman of the Decade"

Postby YAWO on Tue May 31, 2016 8:38 pm

New York, NY, May 31, 2016 - “America’s Sweetheart” Julia Roberts will need to make more room in her trophy case for a pair of Mantlers. The Academy Award™, three-time Golden Globe™, SAG Award™ and Prism Award™ winner will be on hand to accept the “Woman of the Decade” title at the 10th annual event, which tapes June 4th in Culver City.

Spike’s most unfiltered, unpredictable night of the year honors the kings of cool, and Hollywood’s hottest men and women. Honorees this year include Pitch Perfect star Anna Kendrick, who will be accepting the “Hot & Funny” award; Supermodel Gigi Hadid, who will join the ranks of Kate Upton, Chrissy Teigen, Emily Ratajkowski, and Hannah Davis as “Our New Girlfriend”, and Superbowl MVP, the Denver Broncos’ Von Miller as “Most Unstoppable Jock.” Adam Devine and Zac Efron will also be on-hand to dispense high-fives and Mantlers to honorees.

In addition to the hottest names in film, sports, and television, Spike will also be featuring inspiring moments from our nation’s bravest servicemen and women.

Viewers can catch all of the action when “Guys Choice” airs on Spike Thursday, June 9th at 9pm ET/PT.
http://www.spike.com/articles/p4dp48/gu ... the-decade
YAWO
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia Roberts Honored as "Woman of the Decade"

Postby swamer on Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm

I always wanted her to be honored at the Guys Choice Awards. Looks cool and funny.

Who will present her with the award? I want someone younger, not the usual Clooney or Hanks. But it will be Clooney.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:00 am

she looked lovely.
so glad she won this: i was jelous after sandra bullock won the same award few years ago lol.

so it looks dermot and matt gave her the award?
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:07 am

g
o
r
g
e
o
u
s

omg
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:42 am

hope we'll have a video of her speech
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:49 pm

I love her new friendship with Bomer.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:51 pm

Dermot Mulroney on His Friendship with Julia Roberts: I 'Would Push These Guys Out of the Way to Say Something Nice About Her'

Although Julia Roberts was already on Hollywood's A-list when she auditioned for the 1997 film My Best Friend's Wedding, her costar Dermot Mulroney just thought of her as another screen partner.

"First time I met her was in the audition for My Best Friend’s Wedding. To be honest with you, I’d never seen her in a movie previous to that either," Mulroney told PEOPLE on Saturday at Spike TV's Guys Choice Awards in Culver City, California. "But we all knew she was a star when we laid eyes on her, when she was a teenager in her first movies, Mystic Pizza, Pretty Woman. I never saw those movies until after I worked with her years later."

Perhaps it was because Mulroney wasn't intimidated by Roberts' success that the two have managed to remain close pals, even nearly two decades later.

Mulroney, 52, presented Roberts, 48, with the "Woman Of The Decade" Award at the Guys Choice Awards, where Roberts embraced both Mulroney and his wife, Tharita Mulroney, backstage before the actors chatted with Robert De Niro.

Professionally, Mulroney says he shared the "top of his career" with Roberts. However, their off-screen relationship remains strong as well.

"I’ve had a great friendship with her and would push these guys out of the way to say something nice about her," Mulroney said.

Mulroney says he admires Roberts as a wonderful mother and wife. She even encouraged her son to pick up a hobby of his.

"I like her because she made her son Henry play the cello because her friend Dermot plays the cello," he said. "That’s my reading of that."

Luckily, Henry is a fan of the musical instrument, Mulroney shared.

Mulroney is staying busy with work, appearing in a movie called Sleepless opposite Jamie Foxx as well as a new medical drama for CBS called Pure Genius. He stars as a doctor recruited to a new high-tech hospital.

Look for Pure Genius on CBS this fall.

http://www.people.com/article/dermot-mu ... um=twitter
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:53 pm

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:59 am