Julia to attend InStyle Awards

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Julia to attend InStyle Awards

Postby berlioz on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Behind InStyle's Splashy New Red Carpet Awards BY Lauren Sherman

The celebrity-driven glossy is getting into the awards game with a new franchise trumpeting what it says it knows best: the red carpet. Will advertisers bite?

LOS ANGELES, United States — If all goes to plan, on the evening of October 26, InStyle will own Los Angeles. Approximately 130 fashion and entertainment industry insiders will join editorial director Ariel Foxman on the terrace of the Getty Center, where they’ll take in the panoramic views, dine and celebrate the magazine’s first-ever InStyle Awards. A-listers including [img]Julia%20Roberts[/img], Michelle Williams, Kim Kardashian-West and Kate Hudson are slated to present awards to the likes of Louis Vuitton women’s artistic director Nicolas Ghesquière and GOOP founder Gwyneth Paltrow, as well as actress Zoë Kravitz, stylist Kate Young, actor Ansel Elgort, makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury and hair stylist Serge Normant.

http://inuseful.com/email/120644-instyl ... eath-traps

serge normant is among the honorees, so it makes sense.
she won't walk the red carpet, of course, but hopefully will get to see some new pics of her.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia to attend InStyle Awards

Postby swamer on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Yeah I was wondering who was gonna present the award to Serge. And I thought, It might be Julia or SJP.

Would love to see pictures of Julia and Foxman, they had a lot of fun last year shooting the Sept issue.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 am

her face looks fresh and perfect.

the dress.... is ok. but kind of matronly.

her stylist is inconsistent. i'd rather she just wear black all the time.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:17 am

ugh, this time i'm happy she didn't walk the red carpet: her face is perfect, but the dress is hideous.
what's up with the giant zip?
it doesn't belong to julia but to a british woman of 65 (actually in the pic with kate and gwyneth she looks like the english teacher doing the chaperon at the prom) LOL

i wish she only wore elie saab. all the their dresses were stunning on her (emmys, grammys, hollywood film awards).

it's gucci btw

someone posted a brief clip of her speech on instagram

https://instagram.com/p/9VI2ZpMOgk/
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 am

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:38 am

I like that she isn't overdressed for the occasion unlike Kate and Goop. I'm not sure about the lace dress, I think I like it but it would've looked better worn by Helen Mirren :).
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby tsakos on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:26 pm

why julia? i dont like the dress the shoes and allmost without makeup
tsakos

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:07 pm

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:37 pm

https://instagram.com/p/9WM-8bk1Bn/?tak ... rgenormant

I want Julia to give me an award too.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Before handing the hair stylist award to her stylist of 20 years Serge Normant, Julia Roberts described watching YouTube videos of Miss Gay Argentina with him. “Trust me, it’s funny every time,” the Oscar-winning actress said.

She revealed her fashion clout by appearing in the green lace opening look from Gucci’s spring 2016 runway, which was shown just three weeks ago in Milan. “All I can think of up here is, can everyone see through my dress in this light? So I’m standing like this,” she said, moving her legs tightly together.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/10/ ... eir-chums/
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:56 pm

arielfoxmanWishing the super hilarious, super bright and super generous #JuliaRoberts a very happy healthy and harmonious birthday today #selfie #moonlightfilter

https://instagram.com/p/9Ymu8XrTev/?tak ... rielfoxman
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Julia Roberts on How Her Hairstylist Totally Changed Her Life

October 28, 2015 @ 4:30 PM
BY: Jonathan Borge

Birthday girl Julia Roberts is never afraid to speak her mind—and that’s exactly what the Pretty Woman star did Monday night inside Los Angeles’s Getty Center at our first-ever InStyle Awards. For the glamorous affair, Roberts donned a sheer lace Gucci dress with a ruffled collar and was on hand to present her longtime friend and celebrity hairstylist, Serge Normant, the award for Hairstylist of the Year.

The iconic actress flashed her winning smile as she took the stage to introduce Normant. “He’s been the same person my whole life with him. I can’t remember my life before him—although there are pictures to the contrary. Widely obvious pictures that delineate before I knew Serge and after I knew Serge. Like when I had the blow dryer in my hand and when I handed it to him. It’s such a big difference it’s not even worth going over. Only my eyebrows suffered more in those years than my hair,” she joked to the audience. “I think he’s honestly a truly perfect human being, and I know it’s not about what our hair looks like and looking gorgeous, but there are days that that is all it’s about, and I’m just glad that on those days, the person who’s there for me is the person that’s often there for me—not when I just need to look nice and presentable.”

And while Normant's emotional acceptance speech was unforgettable (“I love you with all my heart,” he told Roberts) it was Roberts’s candid response when asked how he’s changed her hair that struck a chord with us. “It went from looking s**tty to looking fabulous,” she said. We may not recall a time when the star ever looked anything but flawless, but, she did agree that stepping into the salon for a quick cut or a blow out is crucial: “I think any girl worth her salt says … it’s a game changer. It’s a day changer for sure."

—With reporting by Brianna King

http://www.instyle.com/news/julia-rober ... um=twitter

she has a solid relationship with instyle and with the creative editor, i hope they'll give her some new cover in the future. if i'm not wrong last year's sep issue with her sold very well.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby tsakos on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 am

i hope to have some covers before realize the secret but i dont delieve
tsakos

13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to News