Julia to be testimonial for GIVENCHY (SS 2015)

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

54 posts • Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Julia to be testimonial for GIVENCHY (SS 2015)

Postby berlioz on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:49 pm

ok, she's officially a model that occasionally do films: i have a friend working at the press office of a famous fashion house and she just wrote me that julia is going to be testimonial of their next spring's collection and that she's doing the shooting this week in LA.

so the candids from yesterday are from the new campaign.

i was asked not to say the name of the brand because it's still confidential and top-secret.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia to be testimonial for a fashion brand

Postby swamer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:20 pm

If it's an Italian brand, I'll try to guess, LOL. Your friend won't have to worry.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:53 pm

gucci? prada? versace? armani?

the suits look armani
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah I thought Armani too. I want it to be Armani.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:01 pm

it's not armani.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Don't tell us it's Dolce and Gabbana.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:23 pm

it's not d&g.

(if you're interested i can tell you by private message!)
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:35 pm

tell me pls
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 pm

mcv wrote:tell me pls

We're terrible at waiting, lol.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:35 am

TOLD YA!

Julia Roberts Is the New Face of Givenchy
The Hollywood Reporter

Late Monday evening, Givenchy artistic director Riccardo Tisci dropped some major news: He announced Julia Roberts as the new face of Givenchy, and boy, does the Oscar-winning actress look like a total badass in the French fashion house's spring 2015 campaign.

Posted on his personal Instagram, Tisci captioned the first black-and-white photo of Roberts, "WELCOME DEAR JULIA." He also tagged famed photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, and stylist Katy England, who all worked together to bring Roberts' campaign to life. The second photo posted by Tisci simply called out the 47-year-old an "ICON." Indeed, she is.

Roberts — who wore a Givenchy Couture gown to this year's Oscars (seen above) and a tuxedo-inspired outfit to the August: Osage County L.A. premiere in 2013 — joins a group of boldfacers to have posed for the luxury label including Erykah Badu, models Asia Chow and Kendall Jenner. Her most recent fashion campaign involved working with beauty brand Lancome.

If this campaign doesn't prove that Roberts is still a strong pretty woman, we don't know what does.

http://news.yahoo.com/julia-roberts-fac ... um=twitter

the pics are very disappointing though

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:05 am

Breaking: Julia Roberts Is the Star of Givenchy’s Spring ’15 Campaign
Nicole Phelps
Industry
December 9, 2014 — 05:25AM

Over the last two years Riccardo Tisci has made a habit of hiring non-model celebrities for Givenchy’s print campaigns. First, the artist Marina Abramovic, then the musician Erykah Badu, followed by the French actress Isabelle Huppert. But Givenchy’s Spring ’15 face may be Tisci’s biggest get yet. Julia Roberts, as the designer pointed out at the Mercer Hotel this afternoon, isn’t a social media star, she’s a real star, one whom you don’t often see in the press aside from the compulsory awards show or movie junket appearance. She wasn’t, for example, at Art Basel in Miami Beach last week. Here, Tisci talks about landing Roberts and why he didn’t want her famous 1,000-watt smile.

Julia Roberts!

I’m literally shocked, happy shocked. Julia, she’s one of the few [stars] that you don’t know much about. She doesn’t do fashion shoots, she doesn’t do covers, she doesn’t do all of that. But still, she’s one of the most well-known people in the world. Even my mom and my sisters—they care about fashion because of me, but they don’t really follow fashion—their reaction was so excited. Julia, you don’t see her much, she doesn’t do fashion campaigns, she has this big contract for many years which we all know with Lancôme. When I asked, I was very surprised that she said yes.

How did you decide you wanted to go out to Julia with the request?

I wanted it to be an honest collection, true to myself and true to Givenchy, of course, but more to myself. It was a very pure message. Very black and white. A powerful woman, with sex appeal but at the same time with masculinity, which is my style. And I wanted an honest campaign. Every house has a show—you sell that, of course, but you do have in the shop what are your icons. I always start from my icons. The world is so full of images, so full of everything, if you don’t have an identity, it’s very difficult to find the point of where you want to go. Soon it’s going to be 10 years [that I’m at Givenchy]; I really wanted to shoot my iconic pieces. The first time Julia contacted me to work with me was for the red carpet and she wanted my tuxedo. I thought it would be amazing [to get her] for the campaign. I respect her a lot as a beauty and as a woman. She’s a very intelligent girl. And a very funny girl. Super-funny. And very confident of herself, which is very much my woman, you know like Marina [Abramovic], Mariacarla [Boscono]. I thought it would be difficult because Julia really doesn’t do [campaigns], so I was surprised that she said yes.

What was the shoot like?

It was a very strong day for me. Mert and Marcus were shooting. They both turned around and said, ‘Wow, it’s Julia Roberts.” It was quite strong. She was very professional. Sometimes you shoot someone who’s so popular, you try to make it glam, but I really wanted her the way she arrived: black jacket, men’s shirt, jeans, which is really what we have in common. No hair, no makeup. I said to her, “Because your smile is so beautiful and everybody knows you for that, I think it should be no smile,” and she was really cool. She said we should go for it. We did it, and there we are, I’m very happy. It’s a powerful picture.

How did Julia feel about being makeup-less?

She’s very cool. Of course, she’s conscious of herself. When you’re a well-known designer, you’re paranoid about your looks, so imagine when you’re so well-loved by everybody. She saw the first picture and she liked it, she said because “I can see myself, my real self.” Which was the concept, not to try to make her glamorous. We wanted her more cool, more masculine, more real, more American, if I can say, more urban, more New Yorker. And it was so easy, so fast. The fastest shoot I’ve done in my life. It was a really nice mood on the set, you know, because we’re family, we’re friends. She felt at home—that I think really helped.

Today, celebrity has become so much [about] how many followers you have, how big you are on Facebook. For me, she represents a pure talent and a pure beauty. So many celebrities are celebrities today not because of their talent. That’s fine, it’s the moment today. But she’s an iconic actress.

She succeeded without social media.

It was a moment for me. And it’s strange, because I’m always working with a lot of celebrities. With her it was really special. It’s probably because I grew up with Pretty Woman. In Italy, when it came out, that movie was so big. She became an icon straightaway in Italy. She’s like a Miss America, even without doing so much press. Of course movie press, but not fashion press.

When you choose a celebrity for a campaign, are you thinking about the impact your choice will have globally, or is it more of a personal decision?

It’s more a personal decision. It needs to be very honest. Julia is a big star, but I’ve worked with celebrities who weren’t. Erykah [Badu] disappeared for so long. For me she’s a great artist and she’s going to come out with an album soon, but people had forgotten about her. I didn’t care, because I respect her so much, she’s such a beauty. I’m not into classic beauty. I need to fall in love with the person. People were shocked about Erykah. Isabelle Huppert is famous, but a lot of countries didn’t know her. I don’t mind about that. I really like strong women. And Julia is a strong woman. So it’s not about fame. If it was about fame, I could have friends of mine who I really love [do it]. It’s more about the [model’s] strength as a woman, strength as a man. It’s always very difficult to find a strong man. It’s much easier to find a strong woman.

Who are some strong men for you?

Who’s a strong man? Does it exist? Jay Z is a strong man. Kanye is a strong man. Brad Pitt is a beautiful man, but he’s not a strong man. Obama. I love Obama. Who else? Keanu Reeves is a strong man, even if he disappeared for a bit. There is another one I really like, but someone came before me. Willem Dafoe. I love him, but Prada came before. She was faster than me, Miuccia. When you talk to him, you fall in love.

http://www.style.com/trends/industry/20 ... 5-campaign
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia to be testimonial for GIVENCHY (SS 2015)

Postby lindsayw on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:52 am

I quite like the pics, they are so strong! She is a power house! The social network world has gone mad with excitement over this :D
lindsayw
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 am

The pictures are amazing. Better than the Lancôme ones. Not photoshopped and looks so fierce and strong. The one with the suit, wow. Givin Tilda realness, so high fashion and just real and iconic. Exceeded my expectations actually.

Instagram and Twitter went apeshit over these pics. Positive reception through out. So brilliant.

Still sad she is doing this instead of movies but I guess, this took a day and a move, well, won't. So I can understand it.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:05 am

yes, i like that she captured the essence of the brand and that they went for a very sharp, french look: semi-dirty hair, light make-up. my friend told many at givenchy were not very happy about the choice as she was considered to american and "pretty" givenchy (their last testimonial was french icon isabelle huppert), but i think they are happy with the final result.

Exclusive: Givenchy's New Muse Julia Roberts on Becoming a Supermodel at 47

I have known Julia Roberts for more than ten years and I have my fair share of Givenchy clothes hanging in my closet. So when Riccardo Tisci, the design genius behind the brand, cast my friend Julia as his latest muse, two of my favorite people finally came together. Needless to say, I had to join the party! Speaking to Riccardo in Paris and Julia in Los Angeles, I got all the details about how this incredible campaign came to be. Here I talk to the dynamic duo about supermodels, high fashion, having it all (or not), and what we all want for Christmas.

Riccardo Tisci on collaborating with his latest muse Julia Roberts.

JZ: Why did you pick Julia for this campaign? Was she your first choice?

RT: Julia was my first choice for a few reasons; I think that she represents such a mature woman. With each campaign for Givenchy, I’m always trying to make a difference. A lot of people see Givenchy as only “haute couture,” or only “street and urban.” For me, Julia is many things. She has this strength as an actress, but she’s also this beautiful American woman. She’s a big star, but she’s not a paparazzi or a blog monster. It’s going to be my tenth year at Givenchy in March, so I wanted to represent the woman who is more mature, beautiful, talented, but also unpretentious.

JZ: Congratulations on 10 years! You didn’t recreate runway pieces for her. These are the “classic” pieces of Givenchy?

RT: In the campaign, Julia is wearing a tuxedo, which is basically my iconic piece; this is what women know and buy Givenchy for. She also wears this black and white chemise dress, which is another iconic look. These are classic Givenchy—the ones that I’m famous for. You know, the boxy jacket, the black dress with the white collar, the lace shirts and the masculine trousers. It’s this kind of mixing of masculine and feminine. Julia does this a lot in her films. She really has to think about transforming herself a lot; she’s very versatile.

JZ: I love that! Do you remember your first Julia Roberts movie? What was your favorite?

RT: Of course, the one that everybody in the world knows is Pretty Woman. Pretty Woman is such an amazing and iconic movie.

JZ: That was my favorite. How old were you when you saw Pretty Woman? Did you see it in Italy?

RT: Yes! I was young, like 13, and I was obsessed! Today it’s fine, but at the time—and especially in Italy—it was scandalous. You know, the fact that she was representing a prostitute and basically falling in love with a rich man. The story is very romantic and very strong. She immediately became an icon.

JZ: You’ve used a lot of different, very strong, unexpected women in your campaigns: Amanda Seyfried, Erykah Badu, and now Julia Roberts. So is there something that defines the Givenchy woman?

RT: All of these women are talented, but they also have strong personalities. I don’t like to use clichéd types. Erykah Badu, Marina Abramovic, Isabelle Huppert—these are women that people don’t expect. And they’re all very beautiful because they are like family to me.

JZ: So tell me about the actual shoot.

RT: It was really amazing. Mert and Marcus are great friends of mine, as well as Julia. It did not feel like an advertising campaign. At Givenchy, we want to show clothes, but we also want to show emotion. The campaign is quite strong because people want to see Julia in the way she is on screen, but in real life she’s much more tomboyish, no make up. This is everyday Julia, not what you see on the red carpet or in the movies. This was an iconic moment because she is an icon.

JZ: Julia's not showing off her famous all-American smile in the campaign. Did you choose to shoot her that way? How come?

RT: She has the most beautiful smile in the world and I love it, but it's Julia’s sensibility that interests me. I fell in love with her because she’s a strong woman, but she’s also fragile. I also love her intellectual side. So for me, the Julia in these pictures is the real one you see every day. They’re really honest portraits of her.

JZ: You’re really good on social media. Everyone loves your pictures on Instagram. But Julia does not do social media at all. So, on the photo shoot, did you try to talk her into getting on Instagram?

RT: She should! I was about to ask her, but then I was having such a special moment—to work with someone so iconic. And at the end of the day, you feel it. “You’re with Julia Roberts!” It was so emotional that I didn’t ask, “Can you take a selfie with me?”

JZ: I’ve done a selfie with her!

RT: Really? I wanted to keep it a secret though. I knew if I did, everyone would be talking about it.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:26 am

mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Next

54 posts • Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Return to News