Julia testimonial for Calzedonia

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

83 posts • Page 1 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Julia testimonial for Calzedonia

Postby berlioz on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 am

Italian brand Calzedonia announced collaboration with Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts. Her image could not be better suited to a brand new advertising campaign. The star has become the main character of a new promotional video called "Life – is a journey", which reveals the theme of the inner world of women and all that surrounds her.

Julia Roberts begins the journey in Scotland. When she opens her eyes - appears in Paris, and the next moment she is transferred to a villa in the Tuscan countryside.

Release of the video is scheduled for October 6, but now are available first frames from the shooting.

http://showbiza.com/world/news/5877-jul ... donia.html

so the rumors were true, and that explains her sightings in florence and paris back in august.
i wish she chose a more high profile brand, it looks like she's really selling out...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia testimonial for Calzedonia

Postby Rico on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 am

I don't know. Only Italians know about the status of Calzedonia. It's that old story where Hollywood stars go to Europe or Japan to advertise because people won't know to what extent the products are considered valuable or good.

I was disappointed with her Lancôme deal, but I am over it, and now I don't care anymore. I hope she is not becoming the new Andie McDowell though, nothing but a pretty face without any films to support it.

if you want to sing out, sing out.
Rico
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am

as long it is for a good brand, i don't mind. i mean, basically all the big stars do it at a certain point (madonna for versace, theron for dior, portman for dior, kidman for chanel, blanchett for armani...). lancome is very classy, and so was her campaign for ferrè.
the lavazza spot and this new thing... not so much.

i guess you can recognize a star that is really huge and makes big bucks (like sandra, angelina or the julia before 2005) when you see she doesn't need to make this stuff... but, hey, julia has 3 kids and she's working in small budget movies, so no wonder why she has to do that now.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:17 am

Calzedonia. what is it. sounds like a type of cheese.

i looked at google and it's for beachware. well, she couldn't be more covered up.

i couldn't be more disappointed with how she's choosing projects.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Checkmate on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Not more whining about every single project Julia chooses.

The fact is George Clooney explained this when he started going overseas to do ads. He said he goes over there, they pay him a ridiculous amount of money to promote their brand, and then he brings that money back to the US which allows him to make the projects that he wants to make (rather than only making films for the money like Johnny Depp). That's how George remains rich. He's not getting paid 20 million a film, but he and Matt Damon are going overseas to get 5 million for a coffee ad and then coming back here and making more ambitious films because they don't have to rely on the money from film, they have other sources of income.

There seems to be a pretty significant lack of understanding here about how the business works now. Nobody is getting paid what they used to for films, they just aren't. And don't give me "Well Bullock made X for Gravity"...that is the exception, not the rule.

Plus, I'm almost certain that Julia's contract with Lancome makes it impossible for her to be a spokeswoman for ANY other brands that are in direct competition with Lancome which limits her.
Checkmate
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:02 pm

fact remains is that julia just isn't focused on acting in any way, shape or form. that's her right. it doesn't make it any sadder or disappointing from the point of view of a fan who grew up adoring the woman in films.

i think she's really going the way of jane fonda. please don't do an aerobics dvd, julia.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:12 pm

calzedonia is HUGE in italy, but yes, it's not a luxury brand or something chic. but beyonce did pose for H&M two years ago, so...
the general comment when a big star does some tv commercial for local product is always "omg, did he/she lose all the money?"... twitter was full of remarks like that when julia appeared in that (kind cheap) tv spot for the lavazza coffee.

i think she could be testimonial for some luxury brand that doesn't do cosmetics: theron did campaign for breil (jewels) and dior (perfume) in the same period, i think. i mean, she surely cannot do estee lauder but instead of calzedonia she could do armani or something more prestigious.

i just hope some other news aboiut her new movie pops up soon, so we'll have other stuff to talk about.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby YAWO on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:20 pm

YAWO
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Linda on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 am

I can't believe your saying Julia is not focused on acting. She just got an OSCAR and an EMMY nomination. How is that not focused? It's ridiculous the pressure you put on her.
Linda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mcv on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:36 am

her focus is clearly not on acting anymore. it's her kids and her family life.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby cyrus on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:59 pm

cyrus

Postby berlioz on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:40 pm

as unnecessary as this spot is, damn she looks AMAZING! it's basically an homage to her legendary legs. (even if the girl from behind in the italian villa is SO a body-double)

why can't she look like this in a movie? why? you can look hot AND act brilliantly in good movies (like nicole kidman in mulin rouge or cate blanchett in blue jasmine)!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Nuno on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:16 pm

cyrus wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx9G3Eio-9U The spot!

Thanks for sharing. Julia looks amazing! :D
Nuno
Veteran JuliaFanatic
Veteran JuliaFanatic

Postby Linda on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Not available in my country? Where am I, Mars?
Linda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby swamer on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Linda wrote:Not available in my country? Where am I, Mars?

I can't watch the video :(
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Next

83 posts • Page 1 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Return to News