Julia Roberts's Half-Sister Nancy Motes Dies

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

71 posts • Page 3 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Julia Roberts's Half-Sister Nancy Motes Dies

Postby berlioz on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:44 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Fiancé of Julia Roberts' estranged half-sister DENIES she was a drug addict and reveals that Oscar winner has been in contact with him after her tragic suicide

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2tCnx3wix
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:32 pm

What a nightmare! This awards season was so perfect. I wish she attends the Oscrars and wins.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 pm

i hate how the press is totally twisting the facts: now it turns out nancy's boyfriend (who claimed Nancy blamed julia for her suicide) NEVER read the suicide letter, which has been given to betty motes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... um=twitter
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Nuno on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:56 pm

I've decided not to read anything else about this matter. This makes me so sad... :(
Nuno
Veteran JuliaFanatic
Veteran JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Fiancé of Julia Robert's half-sister breaks silence on family feud: Heartbroken partner describes late bride-to-be as 'someone in pain who loved her family and longed for a closer bond with them'

The heartbroken fiancé of Julia Robert's half-sister has spoken out for the first time since his tragic loss, insisting Nancy Motes' angry tweets in the months before her death came from 'someone in pain who loved her family and longed for a closer bond with them.'

Four days after he discovered her dead of an apparent overdose, John Dilbeck released a statement to MailOnline offering his condolences to Nancy's family and requesting to be left in peace to 'recover' from the tragedy.

'(John) and his extended family would like to express their heartfelt condolences to all of Nancy Motes family and friends,' the statement reads.

'We loved her dearly and will miss her always.

'Please know that the words she wrote in online venues were those of someone in pain who loved her family and longed for a closer bond with them.'

The 'online venues' are thought to be postings on Twitter that Nancy made in the weeks leading up to her death that apparently attacked the Oscar winner.

John and his family go on to describe Nancy as 'a kind and thoughtful person quick to give a hug or share her memorable laugh.'

The painful words come after John's fears that he may never know the full contents of her suicide note were revealed by MailOnline.

He is also believed to be terrified Julia and her family will ban him from attending Nancy's funeral because she never thought he was worthy enough for his late fiancée.

Half of Nancy's eight page suicide note has been given to Julia's side of the family - and they don't have to show John under Californian law.

MailOnline has been told the note had four pages addressed to John, one to Nancy's mother Betty Lou Motes and three to Julia and her sister Lisa, which are understood to have been brutally frank.

Under California law the Los Angeles County Coroner is obliged to give the pages to the person to whom they are addressed, and them alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... um=twitter
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:08 pm

Julia Roberts' mom 'in hospital after suicide of Oscar winner's half-sister' amid claims of bitter family feud

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2tKwifQXD

Brother Of Nancy Motes' Fiance Calls Julia Roberts a 'Monster'

http://www.insideedition.com/entertainm ... -a-monster

http://www.insideedition.com/videos/225 ... de-edition

i'm so sad julia has to deal with such people... this whole story is sickening. as much as i appreciate the fact she was classy enough to be silent so far, i kinda wish she sues all the creepy dilbeck family.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby lindsayw on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:17 pm

It gets worse, so sad about Betty, I hope she is ok.... That would be horrific if anything were to happen. So much love and thoughts go out to Jules and her family right now :(
lindsayw
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Naughty But Nice Rob ‏@NaughtyNiceRob 12 min
At least one big weekly magazine is working on a shocking Julia Roberts cover! I had no idea she was sooo disliked

and we were complaining that people mag had not given julia a cover in 8 years... :-(
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Checkmate on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:12 pm

berlioz wrote:Naughty But Nice Rob ‏@NaughtyNiceRob 12 min
At least one big weekly magazine is working on a shocking Julia Roberts cover! I had no idea she was sooo disliked

and we were complaining that people mag had not given julia a cover in 8 years... :-(

It's not PEOPLE (trust me). This is probably the damn Enquirer or In Touch. Also, Naughty But Nice Rob is AWFUL in terms of credibility. He's always wrong and just steals info from others so I wouldn't count on this coming to fruition anyway.
Checkmate
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 pm

yes, PEOPLE and US WEEKLY are not trashy enough for this story, and they also stopped covering the whole situation soon after reporting the first news that Nancy had died. so far the story is being fueled only by the daily mail, radar.online and other c-list gossip sites.
i agree this will probably on the national enquirer.

it's a bit quiter today, but i'm afraid the video interview of conner dilbeck (airing on monday) will be a big story... :-(
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Checkmate on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Ehh, it's not going to be a big story because it's airing on Inside Edition. If it was airing on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra, E! or one of those it would be somewhat significant. Inside Edition is the bottom tier of the news magazine shows - plus they buried their lead already by releasing most of what is said.

I actually think with Julia's mother in the hospital the backlash is just going to increase against people continuing to cover this "story" and print stories about this private situation (particularly from people who never met Julia).

The big outlets have left this entire thing alone (even TMZ has shockingly enough). I'm not concerned about places like RadarOnline and Celeb Laundry, nobody reads those.
Checkmate
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:15 pm

yeah, you're probably right.

i don't know, i'm just so shocked by this thing: probably in two months nobody will remember this but right it seems huge. maybe it's just the awful timing, with the oscars and all... and i actually cannot imagine what is really happening, if julia is just trying to live her life normally without caring about all the gossip or if she's really concerned about how this can impact her public image. probably (hopefully) it's just us (me) being paranoid, while she's just having her moment of grief surrounded by her family.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Public image aside, Julia is having enough hard time with this drama and with her mom in the hospital. And those Dilbeck brothers are obviously exploiting this short moment of fame and hopefully their affirmations will be forgotten.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 am

perhaps, it feels like a huge scandal because you seek for the articles but it's not on the same level as the woody allen deal or the philip seymour hoffman death.
i don't think it even trended in twitter when news first came out.
thank god.
i do think this has the potential to get worse before it gets better.
her team better handle this as gracefully as possible.
i can see julia just not commenting at all because it really is truly none of our business.
i hope she just doesn't comment at all about this ever. or when she does, she says pointedly that this is none of our business.
my dream scenario is julia wins at the oscars. she gets up and thanks danny and her kids and shows just a hint of sadness.
then she's asked in the press room by a journalist about nancy and she says really pointedly but definitively that it is none of our business.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby YAWO on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Courage Julia! We are with you always. I love you. Kisses
YAWO
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

PreviousNext

71 posts • Page 3 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5

Return to News