Julia Roberts's Half-Sister Nancy Motes Dies

Published newspieces from newspapers, the net and other reliable sources.

Moderator: berlioz

71 posts • Page 5 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Julia Roberts's Half-Sister Nancy Motes Dies

Postby berlioz on Wed May 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Coroner: Death of Julia Roberts' sister a suicide
Associated Press
28 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Coroner's officials say the death of Julia Roberts' half-sister in February was a suicide.

An autopsy and toxicology tests led to the determination that Nancy Motes drowned in a bathtub after taking several drugs that have not yet been publicly identified.

Los Angeles coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey says the drugs will be listed in a full autopsy report that could be released as early as next week.

Harvey says 37-year-old Motes left behind a suicide note and that it will be turned over to her family.

Motes was the younger sister of actress Julia Roberts and actor Eric Roberts.

A receptionist for Julia Roberts' publicist, Marcy Engelman, said Engelman was out of the country and unavailable to comment and that no one else was available.

http://news.yahoo.com/coroner-death-jul ... um=twitter
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:50 am

How Julia Roberts Used Her Star Power To Hide The Truth!

Published on: June 23, 2014
by NATIONAL ENQUIRER STAFF

JULIA ROBERTS’ uses superstar legal muscle to muzzle late sister NANCY MOTES' grief-stricken fiancé - sources.

THEY’RE the messages and tapes Julia Roberts tried to hide. Since her sister’s fateful demise, sources claim the actress has been on a mission to silence the one person who could potentially blow the lid off the private persecution of her sister – Nancy’s fiancé, John Dilbeck, The ENQUIRER has learned.

Behind the scenes, Julia has gone to great lengths to ensure the public doesn’t get to peek behind her cheery public façade, one source adds. Julia used her star power – and multi-million dollar fortune – in a desperate attempt to contain the damage by hiring a high-powered Hollywood attorney.

The legal team dragged John into court in an effort to claim ownership over Nancy’s personal belongings, the source says.

They were successful.

The ENQUIRER can reveal that Julia and her mother, Betty Lou Motes, obtained an emergency order appointing Betty Lou as an administrator of Nancy’s estate. A subsequent court order prohibited John from releasing a trove of information said to be in his possession.

They reportedly include dozens of emails, voice messages and writings during which Nancy branded her superstar sibling a “mean girl.”

When the Los Angeles coroner declared Nancy’s death a suicide, and not an accidental overdose, John went public and claimed it served as “proof that Julia was manipulating the truth” and her emotion had only been “crocodile tears.”

He said Julia “persisted that this was just a drug overdose and that Nancy was a drug addict. I want everyone to know Nancy was not a drug addict.” John has also claimed Julia and the family had Nancy’s body cremated without inviting him to the funeral.

When approached for her thoughts about the findings of The ENQUIRER’s investigation, Julia chose not to comment.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... hn-dilbeck
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Should be on tabloid forum
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Half-sister suicide note: Julia drove me to depression

http://pagesix.com/2014/07/01/julia-rob ... cide-note/

pagesix and dailymail are reporting that the note has been released, but from the things i read the quotes about the "so called siblings" were revealed back in march already...

i just wish julia announced a new project, now she only makes the news for this hideous story... :-(
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:52 pm

yeah, i search for her name on twitter for new information, hoping that there's casting news for her and then i see this.
depressing.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Mark on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:57 pm

She's taking care of her mom... who is battling cancer and enjoying a summer with her kids.

She'll work again. It's gonna be hard to find a role as good as the last two she's had. Give her time.
Mark
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:09 pm

from the facebook page of the brother of nancy's boyfriend

Conner Dilbeck
More of the Truth is getting out. Julia lawyers said they'd stop running him through all this legal stuff if we would just stop Bringing every thing in to public. So I say "f**k YOU JULIA" ! We haven't even Scratched the Surface of the Truth. I Say you come out and admit what you have done or We are going to Publicly Crucify You with the Gods Honest Truth!

i'm so sad julia has to face all this. i thought the mess was over...

i've read julia is in bora bora with her family now. let's hope she enjoys her time away from this madness...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Mark on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:17 pm

This brother is DELUSIONAL.

The suicide note makes Julia look even more sympathetic - it's not as anti-Julia as hyped to be. She doesn't mention her by name and includes her mother and other siblings as well in her assault.

She refers to herself as a junkie, and this story is getting so little coverage by media standards because it's so tragic.
Mark
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 am

Erasing Her Memory: Julia Roberts Tells Mom To Change Last Name She Shares With Late Sister Nancy

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/ ... me-change/

julia's team did such a good job in "covering" the vera-danny thing, this time it feels like the story will go on forever...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:00 pm

actually with that name changing gossip, i'm now convinced this story is just a big lol to julia's camp.
i mean, how ridiculous and completely unbelievable that julia even gives a sh-t about that. i mean, her mom is battling cancer. okay, maybe it's not funny to them but it's peanuts to them. no one comments from their side because it is such dirty, low trash.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:16 am

have you noticed nancy's boyfriend still keeps trashing julia in the comments of every article she's mentioned in? :-(

http://www.justjared.com/2016/04/12/jul ... qus_thread
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Previous

71 posts • Page 5 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5

Return to News