AWARDS SEASON 2014-2015

Keep everyone informed with things you hear or read in the world of Entertainment. Celebs, TV Shows, Movies etc.

Moderator: berlioz

16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

AWARDS SEASON 2014-2015

Postby berlioz on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

we usually have an socar sean thread (of course last year we didn't because it was all about AOC and julia!).

which award contender have you already seen/loved? most of the movies nominated for globes and sag still need to open in my country. i've seen interstellar and i loved it - sad it's not getting nominations.

i'm very intrigued by inherent vice, the imitation game, boyhood and birdman.

and jennifer aniston is probably going to be an academy award nominee! another 45-plus actress julia will have to fight with to land roles in prestigiuous movies?!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: AWARDS SEASON 2014-2015

Postby swamer on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I saw Interstellar and loved it too. Too bad Nolan's work is always underrated.

I didn't see all the other contender movies but I'm looking forward to see Selma, Birdman, Boyhood and Unbroken.
I really want Jolie to be nominated because I'd like to see more female directors being nominated.

As for the actresses, I'm rooting for Moore, she so deserves that oscar. I want to see Pike nominated too. I don't wanna see Adams again this year. So my lineup would be : Moore, Pike, Aniston, Cotillard and Swank (but she won't make it).
For actors, I'm here for Keaton, but I want to see Redmayne nominated (he probably will) just to enjoy his fashion style.

As for Aniston and her being +45, I don't think it's a something bad for Julia, I'm happy that women their age are getting more roles: Cate, Naomi, Sandra, Nicola, Julia and now Jennifer. Plus I don't think Aniston is going to stop doing her comedy movies even if I find them terrible, but still there is place for all these women.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:21 am

last week i've seen the imitation game and i liked it a lot, even if i'm not cumberbatch's biggest fan.

so sad not seeing julia at the globes...
but i'm happy for matt bomer!
i still need to watch the show, but i've seen some pictures. amy adams and emily blunt looked lovely, amal was more suited for a dinner at the white house than for an hollywood awards show, keira was the worst dressed imo.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Happy for Bomer, Moore, Arquette and The Grand Budapest Hotel.
I don't understand why Adams won. I really can't.

As for the best dressed list, I liked Chastain, Blunt, Beckinsale and Russo.
I agree that Amal's dress was too formal but that was intended I guess.

What awards show is next?
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:49 pm

swamer wrote:
What awards show is next?

critics' choice awards are on the same day of the oscar nominatios.
then sag awards on january 25: julia is nominated so i expect her to attend and maybe to present the best film ensemble award.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Thank you B.

I'm sure she will attend and hopefully in the next couple of weeks, her name will be included among the presenters list.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Now that the Oscar nominations were announced, I'm glad that American Sniper got Cooper and Best film nods, also glad that Cotillard made it. The Grand Budapest Hotel making it in all major categories made my day. I'm just suprised Fiennes wasn't nominated, instead there is Carell. And Jen didn't make it, that is a huge snub.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

great to see cotillard without any major precursors!
and i'm sure you are all happy that amy got snubbed for the first time!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:57 pm

YESSSS of course I'm happy Adams didn't make it. But I don't call it being"snubbed", I call it "justice" LOL.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Anyone watched the ceremony? What are your thoughts?

I found it a bit boring, especially NPH who didn't deliver. I also think that last year was more prestigious with the so many A-listers including nominees and presenters. I wasn't surprised to see Kidman and Ejiofor presenting together, the campaign has already started, good for the movie.

And I think that, Julia should present best picture next year. Only a female celebrity of her caliber could do it.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:11 pm

i watched the show. the opening musical number was good but NPH was not a very good host imo. many of his jokes were silly and fell flat.

i'm happy for julianne, who gave a nice speech. few years ago her career was not in avery good place and i never thought she could come back with a win over 50, but she did!

the best thing of the night for me was lady gaga's perfornace, she totally nailed it! what a voice! and julie at the end ... <3

the fashion was boring, too many white dresses. jlo was gorgeous as she always is at the oscars, and rosemund pike was beautiful. the others were bland: goop looked like an 80s barbie, reese had bad hair, nicole chose an awful color...

funny that julia presented best director to clint eastwood exactly 10 years ago (!) and then never presented again. it took 9 years to have her back, so i think she'll be back only if nominated. if money monster will open in spring 2016 it would be cool to have her and clooney presenting best picture next year, but i dobut it will happen. julia had 4 nominations in 4 different decades (89, 90, 00, 13), so i think we will see her back at the oscars somewhere in the 2020s. hopefully!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Oh yeah, Lady Gaga surprised me as well. Great performance.
Loved Arquette speech and Streep's reaction. This woman manages, everytime, to make the best moments in the ceremony.
Pike was beautiful as was Moore. I didn't like her dress when I first saw it on the red carpet, but once on her way to accept her award, she looked flawless. It was her time.

I want Julia to be the first woman to present the best picture award.

I also think, that Julia will be nominated before 2020, LOL. Seriously, if she continues to play challenging roles, a nomination will happen very soon. I feel that 2010-2020 is Julia's decade with hopefully two nominations.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 pm

sooner or later julia will present best pic, i think. she wouldn't be the very first, many actresses did it in the past (i think cher did it in the 80s when she was in her 40s!) but the last time a woman presented alone was barbra straisand in the early 90s.

i don't know, it took 13 years for julia to get another nom, and we are very close to the 20s: she has TSITE in 2015, MM in 2016 and the batkid movie possibly in 2017 and none of these projects sound like oscar material. if she keeps doing one movie per year she won't have so many chances. but 4 nominations and a win is already a big result, more than many of the actresses that AW people consider better than jules, like naomi watts or tilda swinton...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 am

Cher and Straisand, Really? I thought Michelle Obama was the only female non celebrity who presented BP. Silly me.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:57 am

yes, in the past it was common for actresses to present the best picture award, i don't know why they don't let them do it anymore

audrey hepburn did it at least three times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3MHfxDG5Vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ylwA-6-GU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC99FU4bdAg

and liz taylor did it too when she wasn't even 40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnPcKk3YO3s
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Next

16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Entertainment