David Letterman to Retire from CBS in 2015

Keep everyone informed with things you hear or read in the world of Entertainment. Celebs, TV Shows, Movies etc.

Moderator: berlioz

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby berlioz on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Letterman is expected to discuss his plan to retire in about a year on Thursday’s edition of “The Late Show.”

Last year, Letterman re-upped his latenight contract with the Eye network in a two-year deal that was expected to be his last.

As of next year, Letterman will have hosted “Late Show” on CBS for 22 years. He logged 11 years as host of NBC’s “Late Night” before famously being passed over at NBC for Johnny Carson’s throne on “The Tonight Show” — over Carson’s objection.

Word of Letterman’s plan spread quickly via Twitter on Thursday afternoon after musician Mike Mills, who is appearing on Thursday’s show, noted Letterman’s big news.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/david-l ... 201152380/

so sad.
first oprah, now dave... julia is losing all her talk show buddies, the ones that treat her like their biggest guest.
i think julia could very well be his guest for the final episode.
i'm glad she started to build a relationship with ellen (even if honestly i don't think they have a great chemistry... julia kind of feel awkward and intimidated last december when she was on the show). she should start to go to Jimmy fallon or other hip and young-friendly shows...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: David Letterman to Retire from CBS in 2015

Postby swamer on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 pm

That's sad, I really like him. As for Ellen, I think Julia is doing well on her show. Julia wasn't intimidated, but getting too physical (moving ,dancing..) is not her cup of tea. Remember when she promoted Mirror, she had a lot of fun, as long as she is sitting, lol.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

damn. i'm getting old.

it's weird how the people julia feels most comfy with have slowly lost their shows.

but it's great how julia is so associated with them that she is mentioned almost as often in the articles, especially those abou tdavid letterman.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Stephen Colbert Named New 'Late Show' Host, Will Succeed David Letterman!

is he good? i don't know him.

who knows if julia will ever visit his show...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:41 pm

I like Colbert, very intelligent and funny. Apparently he's appreciated in the US. I'm glad it's him, as long as it is not Chelsea Handler. I don't stand her or her celeb friends.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Entertainment