cate blanchett explains suck it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tou6bdgcxXM
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: Celebrities' quotes about Julia

Postby swamer on Thu May 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Finally, Amal & George had Julia's approval and blessing, hhhhh:

George Clooney recently introduced his wife Amal Clooney, 37, to Julia Roberts, 47, for the first time while the two Oscar winners were shooting Money Monster.
"We've been really good friends for a really long time and I just adore her," Clooney said of his Ocean's Eleven franchise co-star at the Disneyland premiere of his new sci-fi adventure Tomorrowland (in theaters May 22). "She and Amal and I went out to dinner the other night. It was so much fun to have her meet my wife and have both of them be such good friends and hit it off so well."
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sat May 16, 2015 1:00 am

Always George related, I was watching him with David Letterman hoping they would mention Jules. And they did it briefly. So she's lovely and great. I attached the link below, it starts at 15:19. Well the entire interview is very enjoyable, Geroge is very fun. I bet the promo tour for MM with him and Julia will be fun too.
https://youtu.be/v7kGAaLTe4Q

Edit: apparently, Adam Sandler also mentioned Julia.
"Just the night before Adam Sandler had joked in song that 'no one makes Julia Robert's face redder' -than Letterman-"
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu May 28, 2015 6:51 pm

dermot mulroney talking about julia (poor thing, it's the only thing he's always asked about)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/2 ... ertainment
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:02 am

In March, Cole wrapped Secret in Their Eyes with Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, and Chiwetel Ejiofor. "I'm another bad boy in that one," he says. "I was in a lift with Chiwetel and Nicole, and then Julia gets in. I had to take a moment to be like, ‘What am I doing here?' "

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/joe-cole/#_
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:12 am

Melanie Lynskey ‏@melanielynskey
I want to put a tiara on Julia Roberts & have a parade for her & make everyone call her Queen OR she can win another Oscar that's cool too
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:54 am

judy greer ‏@missjudygreer 5 hil y a 5 heures
So I lost my job today. But I just met Julia Roberts. So I really don't know how I feel.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Asked whether or not he discouraged the actors from reaching out to their real-life counterparts, American Crime Story director Ryan Murphy said simply, "No."

"I referenced Julia Roberts, who's a friend of mine, and I asked her about it," Murphy told reporters at the FX Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour on Saturday in Pasadena, California. "It was specifically Erin Brockovich. And she told me when she was doing that role, that she obviously did to great success, that she made a promise to herself that she would not meet the real Erin until she had half the movie in the can, because by then she felt that she couldn't be swayed by in-person meetings, and she had already made her own decisions about certain ways to play things."

"That really stuck with me," he added. "So I told the cast that was sort of, I thought, a very good rule to have. And for the most part I believe we stayed to that."
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:38 pm

This Playboy interview with Denzel Washington was shared on AW. I don't know if it was posted in the past but I am putting it here. Denzel talks a lot about Julia and about how much she means to him.
http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy ... washington

I need them in a movie asap. Really.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:38 am

that was sweet. maybe they'd make a film together when they're in their seventies or something
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 am

nice intreview, thanks for sharing. i love that julia is so close to the smartest guys in hollywood (hanks, denzel, clooney).
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Yeah that's sweet. I think Denzel, Tom, George and/or Brad should make a movie with Julia sooner than later. Because all these legends must be honored in one big ensemble movie.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Donald Trump LOL:

Any actress you love?

Julia Roberts is terrific, and many others. Meryl Streep is excellent; she's a fine person, too. The problem is I'll name three or four or five and then the hundred that I know will be insulted, and I don't mean to insult them.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featur ... nbc-816131
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:49 am

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:52 am

Winona Ryder on Julia

Are you impressed with your young peers in Hollywood?
It's kind of disappointing to see a lot of young actors and actresses. It's like they have a look for everything. They have their sexy look, their angry look, their innocent look. And it's so calculated and so posed. It's such a poseathon. Nothing's coming from the inside. It's all exteriors and looks. A lot of the time, I feel some of my peers are in it because they are just really trying to be famous or be looked at. It's not like they really enjoy acting at all. But there are definitely exceptions.

Like who?
I really like Jodie Foster a lot. I think she's going to be just a tremendous director, too. I like Uma Thurman – I think she's a good actress. And I like Julia Roberts.

Considering how quickly things happened for you, would a few years of waitressing have made you a better actress?
Some people think that: "She never struggled." So sue me, you know? What do they want? More and more lately, I deal with blatant jealousy. If I were jealous of someone, I wouldn't be blatant about it. People get so strange here. I'm sure people assume I hate Julia Roberts, because she's really hot and gets to do whatever she wants workwise. I like Julia. I know her a little bit, and I think she's a really cool person. So why couldn't I be friends with someone like that? I'm nineteen. I like to know other people around my age. I think she's talented, and I'd rather be losing parts to her than to some idiot.

From The Archives Issue 604: May 16, 1991

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news ... t-19910516
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

PreviousNext

80 posts • Page 2 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Return to Julia Roberts Discussion