Celebrities' quotes about Julia

Discuss Julia 24/7!

Moderator: berlioz

80 posts • Page 1 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Celebrities' quotes about Julia

Postby berlioz on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:01 pm

we had a thread like this that got deleted, so i'm starting a new one with something nice Taylor Swift just said about julia:

We just started talking straight away. What struck me about her was not how beautiful she was but how youthful she was. She seemed younger than me and just extraordinary. She has a real grace. She is how I’d like to be. I want to grow up with grace, to age gracefully and to love life. Julia was just so full of life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/a ... lliam.html
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Re: Celebrities' quotes about Julia

Postby mcv on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Jane Leeves (Daphne from Frasier) on Julia and her family:

‘Some people will sell their soul to the devil for fame, but they lose part of themselves, become damaged. People who work hard to achieve their success aren’t like that. People like Julia Roberts, who used to live at the end of our road. I have such admiration for her. You never see her kids in magazines.

‘We first bumped into her when the housekeeper was walking the dog with my children [Isabella, now ten, and Finn, seven]. These little kids came running up saying, “Can we pat your dog?” Their mummy came over and it was Julia Roberts. After that we’d see her on the beach and she’d say, “Can we have a lift?” and jump into the back of our pick-up with her kids, just like any other family...’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ardom.html
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:47 am

Dermot Mulroney Talks About Friendship With Julia Roberts on The Queen Latifah Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlfQcExTpMw
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:16 am

berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:08 pm

I remember, years ago, Aaron praising Julia on Rachael Ray when she asked him about his favorite female costars. He was promoting No Reservations and I think he mentioned 3 ladies in that order Catherine, Julia and Gwyneth, lol. Then in another talk show, he talked about how impressed he was when he met her. The guy loves her.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:21 pm

mac ‏@MacMiller Mar 18

Julia Roberts bad as f**k in Erin Brocovich.

he's an american rapper.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Mendes to People mag: “It actually wasn’t that bad! Considering it was early ’90s and I styled it after the red dress that [Roberts] wears in Pretty Woman,” on her prom dress.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Woodley also confides in Smith that her commitment to saving the world could get in the way of her love life—at least when it comes to dating a fellow actor, which she’s hesitant to do. “I’m never going to say never. I love acting, but I also really love nature and most actors don’t want to get dirty.” She tells Smith she considers herself lucky not to have had to work with any, as she puts it, “dicks,” and shares a special camaraderie with Miles Teller, her co-star in last year’s The Spectacular Now and Divergent. “I look at Miles and, like, I’m sort of Julia Roberts in the same way she is to George. Their relationship I could see being our relationship in 20 years, and that really is special.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... al_twitter
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:31 pm

i don't know where to put this, but julia has been nominated in the ice bucket challenge by diego armando maradona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riluwdZe7rU

lol i wonder if she'll respond to this... i don't think so since she has no social media account where to post a video.

maradona has always had a hugh crush on julia, he also famously mentioned in at least two occasions:

I'd like to be able to walk along behind her and I'd be able to cut off my hand for that, even the hand with which I scored against England. I'd be able to cut off my hand if I could see Julia Roberts.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... uUdQOmloZX

I feel like my chest burns. It's like sleeping with Julia Roberts

http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... i-say-that
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Oh that's sweet of him. I honestly didn't expect Julia to be challenged by Maradona. I wished it could be Sandra, LOL. Or George.

A lot of celebrities don't have social media accounts but they accept the challenge and their relatives/friends make the video on their behalf.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Linda on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:14 am

I guess she accepted in her own little way in the Access Hollywood Emmy interview!
Linda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby berlioz on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 am

joel schumacher on julia

You worked with Julia Roberts early on in “Flatliners.”
The question I always get is, “How do you know these young people are going to be stars?” You don’t. You just know there is no one like them. If Julia Roberts walked into your office at 20 and you didn’t hire her, you shouldn’t be in the movie business. I’d seen so many actresses for “Flatliners.” I just fell in love with her. “Pretty Woman” and “Steel Magnolias” hadn’t come out yet. There’s no one like her in the whole world.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Jules is mentioned among others by Lily Collins:

"I feel so fortunate with Julia [Roberts], Sandra [Bullock], Julianne Moore, Jennifer Connolly, it’s crazy the women that I’ve been able to just watch and learn from,” Lily said. “I’m so blessed every single time I get to just try and see how one day I can emulate what they do. What I admire most is that they’re all mothers at the same time as being amazing actresses. They’ve shown me that you can do both and one day I’m so excited to have a family of my own.”
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:19 pm

the hosts of the talk - discussing julia's decision to do have plastic surgery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AuL3olIDEg
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Hugh Grant was asked on Watch What Happens Live! if he was still in touch with Julia (18 Feb)
“I mean, I would be, I suppose, but I’ve probably made too many jokes about the size of her mouth. She might hate me by now,” Hugh said.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Next

80 posts • Page 1 of 61, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Return to Julia Roberts Discussion