Carrie Preston Talks About Working With Julia

Discuss Julia 24/7!

Moderator: berlioz

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Carrie Preston Talks About Working With Julia

Postby Checkmate on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 am

Carrie Preston On 'True Blood' Vampires, Winning The Emmy For 'Good Wife' And Her New Film 'Vino Veritas' (EXCLUSIVE)
http://www.hollywoodtake.com/carrie-pre ... exclusive#

Another highlight of Preston’s career was acting with Julia Roberts twice, in My Best Friend’s Wedding and Duplicity. In My Best Friend’s Wedding, Preston played one of the two memorable singing bridesmaid sisters (the other sister was Rachel Griffith). “Julia is really amazing, actually,” Preston told us. “I was so blown away by her ability to be a full-on cast leader and at the same time be 100-percent ready to be completely vulnerable and available. She’s a lesson in what it is to be a movie star.”

My Best Friend’s Wedding was Preston’s first movie. “Years later when I was cast in Duplicity, I had a very difficult, emotional scene with Julia, in which I’m doing all the talking, I’m sobbing uncontrollably, and she just sits there and glares at me. It works really well to comedic effect in the edit, but when you’re shooting it, it was quite daunting. Julia gave me a big hug, told me how happy she was that I was there, and said, ‘OK, now I’m going to be mean to you for the rest of the day.’"

“So we did the scene and, of course, Julia was totally in character and awesome. Then at the end of the day, I’d been crying all day on-camera, and Julia stood up and said to everyone, ‘Let’s have a round of applause for Carrie Preston’ and she made the whole crew clap for me. She’s incredibly gracious and really cool.”
Checkmate
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Julia Roberts Discussion