Julia on Jimmy Kimmel - February 10th

Got a scoop on when Julia will be on the tele? Please try to submit accurate airing information.

Moderator: berlioz

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Julia on Jimmy Kimmel - February 10th

Postby Lizza on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Julia is set to appered on Jimmy Kimmel on February 2nd. It'll be her first appereance there.

JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE, ABC

Mo 2/3: Sharon Osbourne, Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Zedd
Tu 2/4: Barkhad Abdi, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the Lone Bellow
We 2/5: Ashton Kutcher, Sarah Paulson, the Head and the Heart
Th 2/6: Matt Damon, George Clooney, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Bob Balaban
Fr 2/7: Morgan Freeman, Anna Faris, Motley Crue (R 1/28/14)

Mo 2/10: Julia Roberts, Joel Kinnaman, Eric Church
Tu 2/11: Gary Oldman, Crosses
We 2/12: Abbie Cornish, Naughty Boy featuring Sam Smith
Th 2/13: Kevin Hart, Alex Pettyfer, Sage the Gemini

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html
Lizza
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia on Jimmy Kimmel - February 2nd

Postby swamer on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 pm

What? Julia on Kimmel?

I don't like his show and don't like that she appears on his show. Is it Harvey who is pushing her so hard or she really wants to play the campaign game? But I like to see how she will react to a different host from the classic Oprah-David-Ellen.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Re: Julia on Jimmy Kimmel - February 10th

Postby berlioz on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:05 pm

what??
this is so unexpected. does she really think she can win the oscar? i mean, i get she needed to campaign for the nomination, but now all her commitments (the grammy, the vf cover, Jimmy kimmel, the q&a) seem pretty irrelevant as the race is clearly between Jennifer and lupita.

is the show pre-taped? becase the same day julia is supposed to be at the academy awards luncheon.

at this point i wouldn't be surprised to see her going to london for the baftas!
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, as Mark said in the other thread, she must want to win. Maybe, now that Jennifer has the GG, Lupita the Critics and SAG, she thinks that Sally will have the Bafta, and the Oscar will be hers, lol. And everybody wins.
Of course she deserves it but, I wonder if in the past, it happened that an actor won the Oscar without winning one of the previously mentioned awards. If only she had won the SAG or the GG, we could talk, but ...
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 am

oh yey!!!

julia at this race is the gift that keeps on giving.

it probably is part of the campaign but also an awareness that the film isn't doing all that well at the boxoffice, perhaps. eitherway, i'm glad that she got over that whole "only do letterman" thing. there are so many tv talk shows that reach a wider, younger audience than letterman as much as they have a good chemistry going.

and i really want her to pull a surprise win at the oscars. not gonna happen but still, she's been taking care of her kids all these years and i don't mind seeing more than my fair share of julia doing publicity.

i am preparing for a long silence from her after the normal heart. although i hope she capitalizes on this and does something big and accessible and mainstream like the cinematic adaptation of where'd you go bernadette.
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:41 pm

mcv wrote:
i am preparing for a long silence from her after the normal heart. although i hope she capitalizes on this and does something big and accessible and mainstream like the cinematic adaptation of where'd you go bernadette.

yes, we should enjoy as much as we can this unexpected visibility (she's campaigning 10 times harder than she did in 2001!) beacuse i think she'll take a long break after that. (well, if the normal heart is good we could have another mini-awards seaon with emmys+golden globes+sag between september 2014 and january 2015!).

and yes, it's great that fater many years going only to oprah and dave now she's more open to other (younger) tv host like ellen and kimmel.
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby Checkmate on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

This is great but I really wanted it to to be Jimmy Fallon (though Fallon has already built a relationship with people who are seen as THE Fallon guests like Justin Timberlake)!

Frankly, as much as I love Dave and their relationship, I think she has already established herself as the ultimate Letterman guest but Dave isn't going to do this much longer. I think he only signed on for another two or so years. She needs to start building a relationship with someone else in late night and she might as well do it now while she seems up for being out there.
Checkmate
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby Linda on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 pm

I don't think this has much to do about her wanting to win the Oscar, as the Q&A thing, I think it's all about trying to get the numbers for the movie up. And they have momentum with the nominations right now. I wouldn't be surprised if she attends the BAFTAS either, the movie opens in Europe around Oscar time.
Linda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizza on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Well apparently Julia's appearance has been cancelled or postponed I don't know. On the official abc site of Jimmy Kimmel Live the guest for tonight are Julie Delphy and Ethan Hawke. There is also no Julia in the guest list for this week.
Lizza
Beginner JuliaFanatic
Beginner JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 pm

:-(

i thought it was because of the luncheon, but it's in late morning, so julia could do both things (plus, delpy and hawke are going to attend the luncheon too!).

i wonder if she's also skipping the luncheon now...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby lindsayw on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Shit guys, maybe this is why...?

Julia Roberts's Half-Sister Nancy Motts Dies of Apparent Drug Overdose

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... adlines%29
lindsayw
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:15 pm

lindsayw wrote:Shit guys, maybe this is why...?

Julia Roberts's Half-Sister Nancy Motts Dies of Apparent Drug Overdose

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... adlines%29

yes, that's the reason. i had such a bad feeling after reading she canceled her kimmel interview.
i created a separate thread for the sad news...
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to TV Alert!