Julia on ELLEN for "AOC" - December 18th

Got a scoop on when Julia will be on the tele? Please try to submit accurate airing information.

Moderator: berlioz

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Julia on ELLEN for "AOC" - December 18th

Postby Rico on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 am

I kind of like Ellen and Julia working together, she has got a bit of a detached attitude about her, not being overly submissive to her guests - that is what I don't like about the likes of Oprah..

The outfit was a no-go for me, mainly for the colour, and I didn't think the Mystic bit was so bad, she handled it quite well. After you comments I expected her to get all cranky and upset.. I mean she did say she never looks up online stuff about her, and maybe it's true, because she seemed quite unprepared there could be criticism of hers? Oh Julia if she knew.

if you want to sing out, sing out.
Rico
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:31 am

I thought the review part was actually okay. I was waiting for her to be truly uncomfortable but it never came. She didn't even look miffed. I thought the bits with Martha Stewart were hilarious. I've never seen Julia be that wacky. So cute.

The part where I felt she was uncomfortable was when she didn't dance at the start and then also the giveaway part. She looked a little less engaged then. I realized that she is actually an introvert. I always read about it in trivial about her but it's true, she's an introvert who only occasionally lets go. Which makes her more intriguing to me. Explains her reluctance to glam it up in the red carpet, get naked onscreen. She looks great though. I wish she makes a rom com that's good now. I hope she gets to play lead in Where'd you go, Bernadette?
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby berlioz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 am

yes, i agree, it was abit awkward when she didn't dance at the beginning, she looked stiff and uncomfortable. i guess she's not a very "physical" person, i could never picture her doing a musical or a movie where she has to dance or, like, act with her whole body. like gravity lol

the giveway part was a bit boring but it's not julia to blame: her prence in that segment was un-necessary to begin with, and in general the co-hosting thing didn't work very well.
but the part with stewart was very funny and cute.

some pics

http://www.justjared.com/2013/12/18/jul ... a-stewart/
berlioz
Ultimate JuliaFanatic
Ultimate JuliaFanatic

Postby swamer on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:59 pm

yeah, that last part wasn't that good.

I don't know if I missed a segment of the interview, but I hoped that both Julia and JLD would talk about Gandolfini.
swamer
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby mcv on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:23 pm

the interview with julia louis dreyfuss is longer and they share a bittersweet moment about james g. rip.

i dled the torrent
mcv
Esteemed JuliaFanatic
Esteemed JuliaFanatic

Postby Nuno on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks for all those links. That was fun.

I hope Ellen and Julia do see each other again on Oscar night! ;)
Nuno
Veteran JuliaFanatic
Veteran JuliaFanatic

Previous

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to TV Alert!